Saturday, March 2, 2013

Forgiveness

The last almost two years have taught me more about life then I ever came close to learn in my first 29 years.  One of those things, and possibly the hardest of those, has been.... Forgiveness.

I have become a changed person.  Before the accident I was very Type A, obsessed with control, uptight and worried often.  Today, as I sit here and type this, I am FAR from the person I was then.  I have learned to let go, realized that I cannot change things that have happened or are out of my control, given up the reigns on my love for control and most importantly forgiven those that have hurt me, hurt my family, hurt my friends, and have taken more away from my life than I ever dreamt possible. I am finally feel FREE!  I chose after the accident to let GOD have control.  I chose to trust that HE would provide and comfort.  It was a realization that happened quickly after the accident.  God chose to save the boys and I, because he is not done with our purpose here on earth.  HE chose that day to breathe new life into the three of us.

I truly believe that one of the reasons I am standing here today is to be a living, breathing testimony.  To  live, love and FORGIVE.  The first two things were simple!  The last..... not.so.much.  I have always felt that if you forgive, you forget.  I didn't want to forget my beloved B, the many people I have met along this journey, my old life, etc.  But I also do not want the accident to run my life.  I wanted closure from a lot of different aspects in my life.  I allowed myself this week to forgive but never forget.  I feel like God spoke directly to my heart at just the right time.  I know he never fails and I'm right where I need to be.  Blessed beyond measure.

~ Mel

It flies in the face of all your pride
It moves away the mad inside
It's always anger's own worst enemy
Even when the jury and the judge
Say you gotta right to hold a grudge
It's the whisper in your ear saying
'Set it FREE'

Forgiveness Forgiveness
Forgiveness Forgiveness

No comments:

Post a Comment